Monday, November 15, 2010

A Peripheral Thugthezzo’s Respect

A deep rotted thuggish mentality. A swag of disobedience and incivility. A gangsta morality. A quite desperation of acknowledgment, and a loud grind of shady originality. A kill or be killed mind set; get rich or die tryin’ attitude. A lack of misunderstanding. A lack of misjudgment. A careless crude of honor. Doing is simply understanding. Only one unwritten rule of peripheral thugthezzo... Give respect or take it!

“Aye dog, pass dat shit here cuz! El pinche puto es un vato loco! Nah nikka, it ain’t like dat!”

Diverse tongues of slang. Communicated on streets of hustle, grind, and paper. Or better yet, communicated on civilizations of poverty, crime, and survival. The by-product of a faulty liberal system. Carl Jung’s theory of analytical psychology, seen in the streets of humanity. Gangs, drugs, and corrupted organizations hammering weakness in a so-called civilized society.

Children admiring their peers, their familia. Young vatos, crips, bloods, taggers, and bangers, simplifying a principle of monkey see, monkey do. Trying to survive in a system which is designed to fail. A system tainting immorality. A system built on frustration. Laws, rules, and regulations mean nothing in the words of peripheral thugthezzo. Criminal rehabilitation is a bad joke. Justice is injustice. Laws are ridiculous banter. Corruption trying to control corruption.

In such a system is disrespect. A Peripheral Thug’s number one rule broken. And... when there is no respect given... Respect will be taken.

4 comments:

  1. Harsh and none-the-less true. I love it! Keep on doing what you're doing. We're living in a hypocritical system that no moral authority to judge or punish anyone! Period! It's as simple as that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep Falling
    Jazzanova with Ursual Rucker

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-b1kI0kFzw

    time waits for no one;
    use it wisely, not wastefully.
    live not dangerously or aimlessly,
    for if you do you will disgrace your chi,
    living your life with distaste
    in the guise of being carefree;
    in the name of being free.
    better call that god you believe
    to free you from the clutches
    of those who would have you perpetuate
    millenium slavery.

    hold on, slow down,
    hold on, slow down,
    hold on, slow down, before you let them dumb you down.

    I'll be the crouching tiger, you'll be the hidden dragon and
    while you're busy getting your swag on, i'll find you, sneak up behind you,
    fuck you up with my nimble knowledge nunchucks, make you sit down
    and learn lifes' lessons, make you work hard to receive your blessings,
    and then i'll try to save you from the media's campaign to massacre your brain
    (make you insane in the membrane).
    feed you Armageddon sized portions of disaster and pain, so your strength,
    past, and soul are easier to claim, for perilous gain, there's no one to blame
    but yourself for believing their treacherous messages.
    we all know how rough it is, we all know how tough it gets,
    especially when you resist.
    you resist
    resist
    resist

    hold on, slow down,
    hold on, slow down,
    hold on, slow down, before you shut down, before you melt down.

    i realize sometimes violence is necessary,
    particularly when predatory enemies
    seek to dictate your destiny,
    teach you watered-down history,
    make you blindly lead them to false fate
    and to their cesspool for fools and governing ghouls, use your gift of choice,
    listen to your own voice.

    [Marley:]
    I'm proud to MC so allow me to speak.
    cause you can see i'm into deep, so i need to reach these beats depend on mood set by inner means
    and i have the tendency to hold the mic so tenderly
    and every time it enters me its heaven i see
    it's got me hoping i'll be the next to seek it...
    I'm keeping it real with that much needed action
    it's such an attraction and it makes me feel so relaxed and...
    when I'm on stage I feel I have a better grasp and I'm quick to holler back because I got a lot of pep and energy, mentally.
    Do you remember me, once on temp is now a long lasted memory.
    I always demonstrate. Wait, it's only secular way. Press the fourth for the force, just to ventilate.
    So let it play, the day. I met the way, I sway to a DJ. I'd knew I'd stay. Into my veins. So my hearts completely engulfed.
    As long as the world revolves, I said it all. So here's my life. What more can it cost?
    I found my way around and even if lost. I'm leaving the lines crossed. Divine styles, Why they shine floors?
    My minds thoughts come and go in a blind toss. I climb to the top of what I find and rhyme off. I'm off, about to sign off.
    Thank God for the arrival, the survival is too vital to loosen grips. I use my lips to tighten the link between music, mights and inks.
    I'm on the brink of sickness, I think. Something new, something new.
    [End]

    make your own choice,
    listen to your own voice.
    proverbs say fear of man causeth snares,
    so i'll beware and take care.
    i'm not preaching, but like you i'm seeking,
    trying to defeat this thing.
    i hear marley speaking, so i help him to sing these songs of freedom, of redemption.

    hold on, slow down,
    hold on, slow down,
    hold on, slow down, don't let them fuck you around. hold on, slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, Roy. I like how you see things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Roy... the author of this blog... I lost access to my own account and I can seem to get in touch with blogger.com... anyway, I don't care to write blogs anymore... I wrote my ebook Read of You... http://www.amazon.com/Read-You-Roy-Ramirez-ebook/dp/B00PRGVRDG/ref=asap_B00Q5ZTATQ_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416975478&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete